1) I always keep nice letters/emails/texts/cards that people write me. ‘Words of Affirmation’ is one of my strongest love languages, and few things mean as much to me as a nice note from a friend or client. I have a shelf in my closet that I see every day with my favorite handwritten cards from the past few years.
2) I think opening gifts in front of people is one of the most awkward things to do. ever. I love GIVING gifts, but there’s something about people watching you opening gifts that just makes me uncomfortable. Somehow I don’t see a bridal/baby shower in my future…
4) I have never liked my name. I have personally met 8 other Jessica Smith’s… worlds most common name? apparently so. I love my middle name, Rae, but I can’t wait to get married so I can ditch Smith once and for all! Now watch me marry someone with the last name Jones or Miller… sheesh.
5) When I was in high school, choir and singing defined my life. I was ranked as the 4th best out in the state in Virginia for my voice part, and it is where I found my worth and validation before Christ flipped my world upside down in college.
6) I have the hardest time changing out picture in the frames around my house. I loving having old pictures that remind me of favorite memories up, and tend to just add more frames instead of switching out those old images for new ones.
8) Growing up I wanted to be a teacher. and doctor. and ice skater. and journalist. and a mom. always a mom. all at the same time. BIG dreams, i tell ya!
9) Although I love playing games, I am one of the least competitive people you will ever meet. in fact if i can tell it means that much to you, i’ll probably just let you win.
10) I pretty much really hate high-fives. I’m a hugger, and have always maintained that i need at least three quality hugs on a daily basis. Even with my new clients, typically they get a handshake on their way in the door, and a hug on their way out. Even the side hug (which you had to master being a YoungLife leader) is preferable to the high-five. So please, dear friends, if you see me, just take a minute and make my day by giving me a hug. a GOOD hug :)
(and a big thank you to Jill for the new pictures! :) )