1) I always keep nice letters/emails/texts/cards that people write me. ‘Words of Affirmation’ is one of my strongest love languages, and few things mean as much to me as a nice note from a friend or client. I have a shelf in my closet that I see every day with my favorite handwritten cards from the past few years.
2) I think opening gifts in front of people is one of the most awkward things to do. ever. I love GIVING gifts, but there’s something about people watching you opening gifts that just makes me uncomfortable. Somehow I don’t see a bridal/baby shower in my future…
3) I have no talent for walking in heels. Never have. Probably never will. Here’s hoping that doesn’t make me any less of a lady ;)
4) I have never liked my name. I have personally met 8 other Jessica Smith’s… worlds most common name? apparently so. I love my middle name, Rae, but I can’t wait to get married so I can ditch Smith once and for all! Now watch me marry someone with the last name Jones or Miller… sheesh.
5) When I was in high school, choir and singing defined my life. I was ranked as the 4th best out in the state in Virginia for my voice part, and it is where I found my worth and validation before Christ flipped my world upside down in college.
6) I have the hardest time changing out picture in the frames around my house. I loving having old pictures that remind me of favorite memories up, and tend to just add more frames instead of switching out those old images for new ones.
7) I genuinely enjoy cooking, but I eat cereal more than any thing else. I could eat cereal alone for the rest of my life and be perfectly content.
8) Growing up I wanted to be a teacher. and doctor. and ice skater. and journalist. and a mom. always a mom. all at the same time. BIG dreams, i tell ya!
9) Although I love playing games, I am one of the least competitive people you will ever meet. in fact if i can tell it means that much to you, i’ll probably just let you win.
10) I pretty much really hate high-fives. I’m a hugger, and have always maintained that i need at least three quality hugs on a daily basis. Even with my new clients, typically they get a handshake on their way in the door, and a hug on their way out. Even the side hug (which you had to master being a YoungLife leader) is preferable to the high-five. So please, dear friends, if you see me, just take a minute and make my day by giving me a hug. a GOOD hug :)
(and a big thank you to Jill for the new pictures! :) )
[…] :) So far this year you’ve now gotten 60 fun facts about me, and you can go back and read January, February, March, April, and May’s posts if you need a reminder ;) I will say its getting […]
[…] always you can go back and read January, February, March, and April’s posts […]
[…] which is WAY easier than trying to think of 10 things on the spot! :) You can go back and read Januarys, Februarys, and March’s posts too! Happy Friday! :) 1) I have never been a […]
[…] late, here are my 10 things you may not know about me for this month! You can go back and see January’s and February’s […]
[…] loved getting all your feedback from the last month’s ten things you might not know about me, so i thought i’d try making it a monthly thing. we’ll see if i can come up with 10 […]
Jessica – I don’t know you at all and stumbled on your blog a few months ago. I love how you incorporate your life into your blog and let us into a bit of YOU. Thank you so much! And by the way, I LOVE your photography! I make a point to look at your blog almost every day to see what new beauty you will capture. You definitely have a gift both in your photography and in your outlook on life! :-)
Beautiful, inside and out. And, Jessica Rae, you have quite a healthy dose of Ellis in ya. You are one of the Ellis girls, for sure. Great new photos! Loving you! Ant Lis
I’m still your biggest fan! xoxoxo
Thanks everyone for the sweet comments! :)
you look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are awesome!!! Jessie we need to see you…we miss you!!
you look amazing!! keep up the great work!
Love the pics Jessie. I still see the eight year old Jessie, but also the beautiful woman she has become. Had to smile at number 8, there was never a doubt you wanted to be a mom, no one loved the little ones more than you. My prayers are for your dreams to come true.
Jessica Rae Charming! I like that! I love your new photos! You will always be My Little Miss!
Totally agree on #2…Christmas is one big awkwardfest for me. Bridal and baby showers were even worse. (Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful for the gifts — just…you know…awkward about opening them.) And, you are gorgeous, Jessie! Love the pictures!
I love the new pictures! You look beautiful! I did know all those things about you (I’ve had the inside track.) Sorry about #4…hopefully you’ll meet a wonderful man with a name like Grubbleflameister or something interesting. Maybe a Mr. Charming? Jessica Rae Charming would work fine too! xoxox
Jessie! Can I just say YOU LOOK FABULOUS! I love how you’re just glowing :)