Well even though I just did the last round of 10 things about two weeks ago, I figured I wouldn’t wait until the last minute this month :) So far this year you’ve now gotten 60 fun facts about me, and you can go back and read January, February, March, April, and May’s posts if you need a reminder ;) I will say its getting harder and harder to think of new facts, but i’m doing my best not to repeat any of them!
Instead of the usual pictures i include in these posts, i thought I’d share some instagram goodness and two exciting things that happened this month.. first up, I got to watch this kid graduate high school last week! I’ve known him for the past 7.5 years and he has had a soft spot in my heart from day one. So proud of you Joshua! (and please don’t kill me for the old pic of you and Sammy, i couldn’t resist :) )
and Shelby turned two! on the left is a typical scene during a morning walk (who wants to walk when you can be “super shelby” and fly?!) and on the right is a picture from her birthday party :)
moving right along…
1) In my mind, summer should always include a baseball game or two. i think this goes back to all those afternoons I spent watching the Warwick HS girls softball team rock the field, but anytime there’s an exceptionally gorgeous day I find myself wanting to be at a game.
2) When it comes to dessert, I will pick a fruity flavor over a chocolate flavor 99% of the time.
3) I am admittedly HORRIBLE at ironing or dry-cleaning clothes. In fact, if I see something in a store and notice on the tag it requires either one, thats usually enough to convince me not to buy it in the first place.
4) I love looking in model homes. If I have a rare Saturday afternoon to waste (which happens once ever NEVER) I’ll drive around and go through a couple.
5) I’ve never really had a problem living by myself. Some people HAVE to have roommates, and while there are definitely days I wish there was someone here to talk to or have dinner with, overall I really don’t mind living alone. I figure there will be PLENTY of years where my house is taken over by lots of cute kids, so I should just enjoy it while I can! ;)
6) I am (quite unfortunately) very VERY ticklish. Don’t tell my future husband or kids. Please and thank you.
7) You can always tell what I’m thinking as its usually painted on my face; I don’t hide my emotions very well and I am a TERRIBLE liar. that’s a good thing though, right? :)
8) Growing up I avoided school dances like the plague. They were awkward x100 to say the least. BUT my first slow dance was when i was in 9th grade at a high school graduation party, when my friends older brother asked me to dance. He was a senior and one of the nicest guys I’d ever met. The song was Garth Brooks’ ‘The Dance’ and I thought my heart would beat right out of my chest. (thanks to this song for inspiring this random fact ;) )
9) I have a list of dream photographers who I cannot wait to have photograph my family someday, including (but not limited to) DrewB, Tara Whitney, and Bobbi+Mike. Check them all out, they’re the best!
10) I’m convinced one of the sweetest sounds in the world is when I get to stand on this stage on sunday mornings, put down the mic, and tell the kids that I want to hear JUST them sing. They turn up the volume, close their eyes, and raise their hands to the One who made them, and it melts my heart every. single. time.