When I logged into my admin site to blog this morning there was a big bold number staring at me right at the top of the page. 599. I had published 599 different blog posts. What?! That seems crazy to me! Crazy that I’ve had this blog for long enough to post 599 times. Crazy that people would stick around for 599 posts. Crazy that I’ve come up with 599 things to say! :) So in honor of post #600, here’s another round of 10 things you might not know about me :)
(thank you to Jill for grabbing these photos this past Saturday! we were trying to find the ideal light in a few different spots and for once I was the test subject ;) ) 1) Summer doesn’t seem complete to me without country concerts and baseball games. This year I didn’t get to a single one, I’m officially requesting a do-over of summer!!
2) I don’t take every client that emails me. Sometimes I can tell right away that another photographer would be a better fit based on location or the couples style, and I have no problem referring one of my dear friends instead if I think they would be a better fit!
3) Whenever I go into a book store I’m tempted to buy out the children’s book section. Bookstores are disappearing way too quickly and the thought of reading bedtime stories to my kids on an iPad one day just makes me sad.
4) I very rarely get cravings, but when I do its 99.9% of the time for a milkshake. I’m learning to crave fruit smoothies instead, but a strawberry milkshake is always guaranteed to make my day.
5) I had braces for years when I was younger and hated (i mean HATED) my dentist. So much so that one week I just went in and told him to take them off right then and there. My mom had to sign some medical waiver saying i was going “against medical advice” but we did it anyway. Now I have one tooth that is a little crooked, but I’m only sorry like 20% of the time. 6) I have a soft spot for Pixar, specifically Toy Story. My 17 year old brother Kevin watched Toy Story every day for the first 3 years of his life, and I could quote you the entire movie beginning to end. He spent YEARS of his childhood in his Buzz Lightyear costume. YEARS. To infinity, and beyond!
7) I have a dimple on my left cheek with a freckle smack dab in the middle of it. Its one of the only things that I hope my kids get from me. Dimples are awesome :)
8) I could live almost anywhere. Beach, mountains, city, country, east, west… I’ve never been tied to one area and hope to be able to live in a few different places throughout my life.
9) I LOVE celebrating birthdays, for other people. I think they should be made into a big deal, for OTHER people. I love being with people on my own birthday, i just think having to plan my own birthday event is one of the most awkward things ever.
10) Of the 5 listed in the book, quality time, words of affirmation, and physical touch are all strong love languages. BUT i’ve figured out that personal disclosure is a more specific love language for me. when someone opens up to me about their life or trusts me with private information, i always walk away feeling so honored that they would share privileged information with me. At the same time, there are few people that I consider to be a ‘safe place’ that I’m willing to open up to and those friends are absolutely irreplaceable. I think its because personal disclosure combines both the quality time plus words of affirmation love languages… well, its a theory anyway :)
As always you can go back and view last month’s 10 things right HERE! Happy Wednesday! :)