Ever since I got The Pioneer Woman’s cookbook for Christmas I have been eyeing these. I knew it would be quite the project, but I also knew it would be perfect for a rainy saturday project. Or a snowy Saturday, as the case was today :0) I’ve never attempted anything quite like this before, everything from making the dough to the icing and all the cinnamony goodness in between! Since this recipe makes 7 (yes you read right.. 7!) pans of cinnamon rolls, I also knew I needed to pick a weekend when everyone was around NN so I could share the love.. aaand not have 49 cinnamon rolls staring at me every time I walked into the kitchen!
This fun project did come with a warning from The Pioneer Woman herself:
A warning. If you follow these instructions and wind up delivering these cinnamon rolls to your friends, be prepared for any of the following to occur:
1. They’ll call you after they’ve taken the first bite and profess their eternal love for every ounce of your body, even your toe jam and love handles.
2. They’ll pass out after the first bite, hit their head on the kitchen counter, sustain a concussion, and sue you for damages, despite the fact that the one bite they tasted of your cinnamon roll was the single most profound culinary experience in their miserable little life.
3. They’ll call you and ask for the recipe, saying, “HOW did you make those?”
4. They’ll call you and propose marriage.
5. They’ll hug the cinnamon roll pan, get maple frosting all over their clothes, and send you the bill for the dry cleaning.Well, so far there have been no law suits, dry cleaner bills, or marriage proposals.. but the weekend is not over yet! ;0) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!