1) I think this post by Sammy A on “12 things i want my daughters to know about relationships” is one of the best things I’ve read. I have them all typed out on a sticky note on my desktop since I need to read them on a
daily hourly basis some days.
2) I would love to take dance lessons one day and learn actual formal dances like swing or the waltz. I’m always slightly jealous of those couples at weddings that know legitimate dance steps during the reception.
3) Growing up the only game I ever had the desire to cheat at was Life, and that was usually just to land on the spots where you got kids. I wanted my entire little blue car packed with little pink and blue peg people as it moved across the game board. Surprise, surprise ;)
4) This song has been my prayer for the past year. Some days I just put it on repeat until the words and the truth of it sink in again:
I know that You are for me
I know that You are for me
I know that You will never forsake me in my weakness
I know that You have come down
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who You are
5) I scrapbooked all throughout high school. I guess that was my first glimpse into the world of photography/design, but I haven’t touched it since my freshman year of college, and honestly I doubt I ever will again. Especially since I have such incredible album companies that I work with now.. saves so much time and money!
6) Some people hate it, but I have always loved flying. From the time I was in elementary school I was flying by myself to visit friends or family and I always thought it was such a fun adventure.
7) Anne of Green Gables is one of my all time favorite movies, and seeing Prince Edward Island is definitely on my bucket list.
8) By far one of my worst traits/habits is over thinking things. Conversations, situations, looks, what is said and left unsaid… yeah, its bad. I’m so thankful for a few faithful friends who know me well enough to tell me on a (very) regular basis “you’re thinking WAY too much into it. Jessie, LET IT GO!”
9) I think integrity is one of the best qualities in a person. Do what you say you’re going to do. Keep your commitments. Follow through.
10) Most of you do probably already know this, but for those of you who are newer to the blog this last one’s for you! I spent my entire college career hanging out with a bunch of high school students. I had the privilege/mission/frustration/honor/joy of being a YoungLife leader all throughout college and it taught me more than anything else ever has. This past weekend I got to see some of the people nearest and dearest to me, including one of my incredible teammates who laughed, prayed, struggled, loved, and showed up with me faithfully every day:
and these four. oooh these four. I am one of the lucky few who can call Sean, Matt, Jackson, and Christian THEIR younglife kids. and yes, I will probably forever think of them as ‘my yl kids’ even though the two on the left are done with college and the other two on the right are halfway there. not quite sure how that happened or where the past 7 years went, but to say I’m proud of you four is the biggest understatement in the world. I’m SO incredibly thankful that even 7 years later these guys and these teammates are still in my life. God is good! :)
and as always you can go back and read last month’s “10 things” HERE! :) Happy Monday!!
What an honor to help so many young people find their way in this world! You are amazing! xoxo
We share the same feelings on “integrity”. You are so beautiful–inside and outside. xoxoxoxo
I remember you always wanting those little pegs on your car more than anything – even winning! Love the song! You look lovely! So glad you got to see your YL “kids”! They sure did grow UP fast! xoxox
i love the picture with you and your yl kids. that was such a sweet time of college!